SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > Banners, Avatars and Images

SFO : Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SFO Championship] Killer Challenges and Tournaments 36 08-20-2009 11:42 PM
(non official idea)Official Tournament Server Josh26 New Features 7 04-24-2009 03:07 PM
Official NBA Championship Talk whitetigerclaw3 RaNdOm iNsAnItY 26 06-23-2008 08:09 AM

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
SSJKarma
Banned

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default [Official GFX Tournament] Stage Design Championship

Welcome to the first ever GFX Tournament.
This tournament is for those GFX artist who think they got what it takes to take on a real task of creating a completely original stage. there are multiple ways to get a stage done. the ressources are easily found around the net and the best of it all, it requires your imaginaton. no limits, no nothing but pure designing skills with photoshop or whatever software you use. hell even paint can give you great results. feel like this is gonna be your time to shine, go ahead and embark on this journey to discover what you are made of. this tournament will differentiate the GFX artist from the amature.

GOAL
The creation of an SFO stage.

RULES
  1. Stage size must be 700x400
  2. must be created from scratch
  3. * Musn't have any sprites in it, must be totally original.
* Side note for the sprite thing... here i wanna show you the difference between a texture and a sprite. because while sprites aren't allowed, textures are. the difference is mainly on the completion of the said image. sprites are detailed images like cyclops as an exemple. while a texture is just that, the surface of a thing that must be shaped into something else. so you could say use a sand texture... but not use a photo of a desert.

PRIZES
Due to the number of participants being low, only the top 1 will be given a prize.
fear not though, all particiapant will be getting a consolation prize.

1st place
  • their stage added to the game.
  • 2011 SDC Champion Title
  • +5 damage and armor to all their characters
  • Temporary Mod color for one character (1 month)
Consolation
  • 2011 SDC participant title
For those thinking hey i'll do it because i'll be alone doing it and it will be easy... think twice about it, i'll be joining in on the fun of creating a stage and as such you will have at least one opponent for sure. and i'm sure many will come try it as well.

DEADLINE
1 month to create the stage.
Beginning : July 1st, 2011
Ending : August 1st, 2011
Winners announced : August 7th, 2011

EXAMPLE STAGE

Hope to see you guys take up the challenge, because i am so eager to see your creativity and skills.
May the best GFX artist wins it all.
the judges will be the staff of SFO.
This tournament will hapen every years and as such the titles will be updated each years. so no two people will ever have the same title. the championship titles stays until the next years. once th enext year arrives... the previous champion will have to fight back to get his title again. the participation in this championship will detemrine if its worth the trouble to ake it go on every years. so i hope you guys understand this and will be participating in great numbers.

Set your mouse.
Ready Photoshop.
START DRAWING !!!

Last edited by SSJKarma; 07-01-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
SSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really niceSSJKarma is just really nice
Default Re: [Official GFX Tournament] Stage Design Championship

Adding the usual needed info...
Send me your stage by PM when you feel its the official work you can do.
only one stage will be accepted in the contest and it will be the first one you send me, so dont send me your half finished stage and then send me the polished version... do it correctly, polish it till the end, then send it to me.

i also want to clarify... i gave a month to do the stage, and i asked clearly in the rules that no sprites will be allowed... no work that is not your own will be accepted, if i see a cyclops from a game, or layers that belongs to other games, you will be directly discarded.

your work is your own, its a completely designed stage and "Drawn" by you entirely.
so take your time, you got until the first of august !
Old 07-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
LuXv
BANNED BY: TMyApp

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 768
LuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really niceLuXv is just really nice
Visit LuXv's Twitter

W00t w00t lemme try this out?
Old 07-01-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Tournaments Joined: 1
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

no idea at how i'll go doing it from scratch, but i'll give it a shot anyways
Old 07-02-2011, 12:01 AM   #5
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Like i did fader...

one tutorial at a time !
Old 07-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #6
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 189
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

i'll give this a go when I think of something that hasn't been done

--------------------------------------------------------

Old 07-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #7
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

my way when i use creativity...
take an idea and make it your own.
after 100+ years of cinema, its really really hard to create something that hasn't been done countless times.
when it comes to images, its even harder because paintings has been going for even longer then cinema has.

whatever you may think of has already been done before...
but taking an idea, a concept, and making it your own changes the way it works and makes it totally original. for it is not someone elses work.

the example above was totally created by me, the whole desert with the giant sun rising was my original concept, how to do it was left at the tutorials i found on the net. all this led to me having a great stage right there, a few kwirks here and there but meh, i still have a lot to learn.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
Leviathan

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Leviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura aboutLeviathan has a spectacular aura about
Visit Leviathan's Twitter Visit Leviathan's YouTube

Scratch huh. Well I'll try and make it look like.. Something..

[Sfo CC][XF Clan][Raiden X][Level Showcase]
[#1 Sakura User 2010]
Go0gley Power!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #9
x~Silver~x
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 3
x~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enough

what program would u use to make your own stage?

Achievements:
SDC 2k11Champion
Clan Leader of Marvel Inc
Best Ryu Of 2011
Xmas Ghost Winner (Event)
Old 07-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #10
_Zom_B_X
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 23
_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road_Zom_B_X is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by x~Silver~x View Post
what program would u use to make your own stage?
i think its PhotoShop or somthing like that
Old 07-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #11
x~Silver~x
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
x~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enoughx~Silver~x will become famous soon enough

kk thnks zom

Achievements:
SDC 2k11Champion
Best Ryu Of 2011
Old 07-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #12
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
donkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura aboutdonkios has a spectacular aura about

It doesn't have to be like scenary right? or does it

Old 07-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #13
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that it is hard to get something going, but if you need any help on drawing with photoshop. (which i used) it is easy to find what you need. many tutrials exist and can yield you many experiences and bringing you closer to your expertise.

a good exemple is the sun flare i used in my stage, it was created entirely based on a tutorial i followed on the net that explained how to do it. the net result is that now i know what can be done with this technique i learned there.

say you want to create a rock...
you could search google.com and type in "Photoshop Rock tutorial" and i can guarantee you will find an answer to your question or something that will spawn you an idea on how to do something else. my first goal was to learn how to do a cloud texture, i still dont really know how to do it properly but i know the basics of it all.

the only piece of advice i can give to anybody trying this contest is... take some time, dont just take a look at the program and be blinded by all the features, just go on the net and do something specific with it, whatever you decide to do, it needs to be specific then search the net for those tutorial that will teach you that specific point. from there you will learn new techniques that will enable you to create more things then you had thought. because most of the technique used can be used on different specific elements.

and it doesn't need to be with photoshop, any drawing programs can be used.
now if none of the drawings we'll get are ready to be shown or aren't polished enough, the guy with the best product will still win and might have his stage added only after we (staff) and him have discussed and changed what was missing in it. but in no way will i offer the first prise to a guy who didn't even tryed to get a stage done.

my exemple stage took about 1 day worth of job, taking the whole 3 weeks times all in one, it would make me a mere 20 hours at best. thats not taking the into account the readings of tutorials. any artist will tell you that 20 hours on a drawing isn't much. they will tell you its basic.

i know most of you are used to making sprites and graphics based on thigns that exists, i do not disrespect that work, but true art is more about creativity then it is about slapping things up together. this championship will show the true artists from the amature that poses as artists. because this championship will forces people to look deeper into their arsenal of filters, their ways will be shaped into new techniques. all that will then be translated into your skills in making tags, stages, photographs into a lot more detailed things.

someone once told me i could easily make fire by simply nodging things on screens.
i thought it was cool, until i figured it was way too basic, way too noobish to create fire like that. using filters i was able to create a fire 10x better in the very same amount of time. that is something i would of never learned if i hadn't actually looked into it.

this is what i want people to do, look into it, not just slap pictures together and say, there its a stage. i want you to look deeper and see the same thing i saw when i started this stage of mine. i saw the possibilities beyond what i thought they would be. and they were easier to accomplish then i thought. thats what i saw in photoshop when i decided to look deeper.

again best advice...
google.com
"name of program" "what you wanna do" "tutorial"
this should bring you pretty near what i did, if not further if you are truly skilled.

Donkios: its whatever you want it to be.
of course a scenery is just the horizon and to be honest the scenery is always needed, but if you want to create say a cavern like stage, go ahead, if you want a garden of sort, go ahead. it can really be whatever you want. including a simple plane carrier floating in the blue sky with only clouds behind. i'm not even stopping you from creating what you want to create.

Last edited by SSJKarma; 07-02-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:12 AM   #14
ItachiForever

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 337
ItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the roughItachiForever is a jewel in the rough
Visit ItachiForever's YouTube
Thumbs up Re: [Official GFX Tournament] Stage Design Championship

ill try this out.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:09 AM   #15
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Hey people, its been a week now, many tryed to tackle this i'm sure.
its been 7 days now and i wonder where you guys stand.

i'm not asking to see the stages yet, that will be kept for the ending of it all, i just want to know where you stand... as in production, still in designing, coloring isn't done yet, learning by tutorials , coming up good, coming up bad, whatever you guys can tell, i'm just wanting to know where you stand, without you telling tooo much of course, wouldn't want to spoil the fun of seeing the work when the time comes.

i'll be starting since i do play in this...
- Still in designing...
i mean its not even started, its in my head, i know what i want, not sure how i'll do it, not sure i'll even finish it in time, but i know what i want, still designing it in my head, changing certain figures to better curves and all.

overall, i'm not even started on photoshop.
this is bad i need to pick up the pace or i will be late.

so you, where are you standing ?
Old 07-08-2011, 02:13 AM   #16
xfaderx
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1671
xfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of lightxfaderx is a glorious beacon of light
Visit xfaderx's YouTube

i've got awesome ideas in my head... putting ideas to comp screen is where it all goes wrong... I need one of those drawing tablets would help instead of my mouse...
Old 07-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #17
~RD~VainAttempt

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 22
~RD~VainAttempt is an unknown quantity at this point

This will be easy. Challenge accepted.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:32 PM   #18
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

19 days, started receiving some works, really great ones, actually wondering if those guy really drew them all or not but seriously even my work will be real amature when compared to them.

mine looks more cartoony less detailed.
can't wait to see the results, hope it goes forward for most of you guys.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:58 AM   #19
YoureMyHater

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
YoureMyHater is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit YoureMyHater's Facebook Visit YoureMyHater's YouTube

Thought of it while thinking of Japan ^-^

You're no good, Try again in the next life
-Nanaya Shiki
Wanna taste the ground? Go ahead and strike me
-Rurouni Kenshin

Old 07-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #20
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

9 days left people... get your gears up if you haven't finished the sketches.
i received a few ones already, and i will make you remember two important things...

first, only one stage is availlable for the contest, if you send me 3-4 stages, it wont add more chances as only the first one will be added to the contest.

second, the use of sprites "is not" tolerated.
you use sprites from a game, you get disqualified.

the goal is to create something truly original, something neither capcom nor marvel can sue about.
it will be your very own design and nothing else.

just to give you an update, mine only miss a floor to fight on. which is a good thing not to forget.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:22 AM   #21
(Hado)-(King)
[The Watcher]

Post Thanks / Like
(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about(Hado)-(King) has a spectacular aura about

Ok, what if we draw it by hand and then scan it into photoshop and add effects?

TheKingOfHado@live.com

☼ Ŧhe ĨŁĔŇĈĒ is mōre impōrτanτ τhan τhe MŮĈ ♫♫
Old 07-25-2011, 02:15 AM   #22
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

"original" is your answer.
anything "original" is accepted.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #23
x~Silver~x
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

lool who many entries are there so far?

Achievements:
SDC 2k11Champion
Best Ryu Of 2011
Old 07-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #24
SSJKarma
Banned

Post Thanks / Like

not answering that one until its done.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #25
donkios
VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Man.. everytime I get on photoshop I have a request to do, haven't had time to even give this a go

Closed Thread