SFO : Street Fighter Online

Go Back   SFO : Street Fighter Online > NON-SFO Related > Banners, Avatars and Images

Old 11-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
~DSA~MasterJugg
Sponsored VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
~DSA~MasterJugg is an unknown quantity at this point
Visit ~DSA~MasterJugg's YouTube
Default Re: GFX critiques

By MasterJugg and TR:

<s>There are several memberswho're gallivanting around this section who can't</s> give acceptable critique. So, this isn't to put them down, rather, it's to help them learn what acceptable critique is.

Unacceptable Critique:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I like bothe of them..........
Nothing is really said here. it's spam, plain and simple. We need a LOT less of this. If you have nothing worthwhile to say, don't post at all, please.

Destructive Criticism:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Text is horrible, stock is horrible, brushing or smudging or whatever you did is horrible, the whole thing is horribly boring. What program did you use to make this?
These types of posts are what's killing this section. It's rude, stupid,pointless, arrogant, and completely unneeded. It's not even critique, it's an outright attack on the person's work.
The person that worked so much, that read hours of tutorials, it has taken several days to finish his(first) work.

He think it's great, He thinks that there isn't something better. But then bam! Face with this kind of criticism which they completely remove the interest in improving because they always receive the same criticism of the same people besides that
(Seriously) lose some of their self-esteem and they are going to cry to his room

Acceptable Critique:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

work on the colors, they're kinda meh-ish +the white lighting and the black light-thingie dont mix well, they're too contrasty or something, meh-ish again

but the bg is overall nice, just a bit random,... a few tweaks here and there, and it'll be better, like the stock and the lighting above it.... typo maybe?
This is borderline acceptable. It's blunt, but it does critique the other person's artwork, but only barely. While this is fine, we'll want more of the next example.

Such criticism (as opposed to above)
Motivate a person to continue to make more Graphics Stuff; They think &quot;if they like my work is because it's really good isn't it??

Great Critique:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Lesse
The tag is extremely blurry. Instead of Motion Blurring then reducing the opacity/setting it to Lighten you could try to create motion through less conventional methods. Try to work with the flow, instead of just using Motion Blur, because M. Blur hardly ever looks good when applied to an entire tag. On the flow, it's well defined on the left side of the tag, but on the right you have fractals and textures that completely throw it off by going in circles. The stock takes up an incredibly large amount of space on the tag, which just isn't working. There needs to be lighting and a foreground. Sharpening it would help it.

And it could do without the text. Still, keep working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]His problem isn't making colors stand out, it's his choice in colors. Monotone tags are boring, dull, there's no life in them. It seems as if you just eyedropped and did it all with one or two brushes. That's the meaning of generic. Now if you were to try to use the color theory in your tags then they'd start to look better. Try working with complementaries, split complementaries, and analogous colors. <span style='color:red'>Red</span> &gt; <span style='color:green'>Green</span>. <span style='color:yellow'>Yellow</span> &gt; <span style='colorurple'>Purple</span>. <span style='color:blue'>Blue</span> &gt; <span style='colorrange'>Orange</span>. Those are your complementaries, try working with those before you try anything else. They'll help your tags pop out. Also try working with depth and flow. These are a bit harder to define, so I'll just let you get used to the color theory before I put too much on you.
These are perfect. They're not sugar-coated, but at the same time they're not attacking the piece. It goes in-depth on the tag, giving them tips and advice on what to do, and they keep their critique on a lighter tone.
only the Profesionals and advanced GPX designers make this kinda of criticism

Butt-lick Critique:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Wow,the Render,Lighting effects,blur,smudge, Everything is 100 % PERFECT you are the best!!
I rate it 1000/1000
No need to explain this one..

So come on guys, what we need is better critique.

Click ^
~DSA~MasterJugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #2
(-StarWarrior-)
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
(-StarWarrior-) is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically just say what you think about the tag and what you do to improve it.
If you don't own a program, say something logically.

But being an asswhip is what I am. D=
(-StarWarrior-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:58 PM   #3
DrunkenMasta
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 13
DrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the rough

Now tell me, who says your right?

This is your OPINION on whats acceptable. Frankly I wouldn't take this serious from a person who spells GFX .. &quot;GPX&quot;.
DrunkenMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:19 PM   #4
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

This coming from the biggest douche bag in the GFX section?
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:35 PM   #5
~DSA~MasterJugg
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Angry Re: GFX critiques

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (DrunkenMasta @ Nov. 14 2007,20:58)]Now tell me, who says your right?

This is your OPINION on whats acceptable. Frankly I wouldn't take this serious from a person who spells GFX .. &quot;GPX&quot;.
whatever
english is not my born language..
Who said that everybody MUST listen and OBEY what i said??

Nobody did because (you said so) Its OUR pointview
it's a suggestion of how people should ctrique, imnot bind you all to do it.

you came here and read the topic by YOURSELVES If you don't like it don't even come here again...

once again is my thought of the &quot;right&quot; way
if you have another post it please and we all will see that they are similar

Click ^
Old 11-14-2007, 08:55 PM   #6
DrunkenMasta
SECTION 1 & 2

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 13
DrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the roughDrunkenMasta is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SPIRIT-WOLF @ Nov. 14 2007,21:19)]This coming from the biggest douche bag in the GFX section?
Oh you should talk.

Was I even talking to you? Talk about minding your buisness... Stop talking/posting. Your wasting your time even attempting to insult me. It doesn't work and it will never work. Just shut up.

~DSA~MasterJugg: My intentions are not to &quot;down&quot; your thread. Because I don't see how there is any helpful CnC on PX accept for like 5 people. Regradless on how its said, not alot of people on this forum even have the knowledge to CnC. Hence my negativity. They would need to be graphics themselves in order to get a &quot;true&quot; idea of the CnC

My point is basically this graphics section is dying, only couple people actually post their work.

My advice for those who wish to get better.. go to a real GFX forum and get a better CnC, simply because PX lacks in the critique area.

Anyway I'm not gonna start a retarded debate in this thread, cause Its not needed.
DrunkenMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:58 PM   #7
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
avatar~killer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (SPIRIT-WOLF @ Nov. 14 2007,21:19)]This coming from the biggest douche bag in the GFX section?
You can't even use photoshop.

avatar~killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:13 PM   #8
1cedryu
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
1cedryu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (avatar~killer @ Nov. 14 2007,18:58)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
actually.. wolf makes some rly great sigs..
Old 11-15-2007, 06:25 AM   #9
XxOmny_SakuraxX
Old Skool Gamer

Post Thanks / Like
XxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this pointXxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this pointXxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this pointXxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this pointXxOmny_SakuraxX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (1cedryu @ Nov. 14 2007,23:13)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (avatar~killer @ Nov. 14 2007,18:58)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
actually.. wolf makes some rly great sigs..
Why am I even quoting this

@Master: Well that's a good P.O.V., on how to criticize and could help some new people understand the way to do and eventually get their own ways...But ehh I think it's a great topic..Everyone knows that when you want some critics you don't just want (it sux,5/10, ) and so on..You want constructive critisim...

Well yeah nice job -Jizz- xD

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How proud would the buildings of rome look like without a single stone?</td></tr></table>
XxOmny_SakuraxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 04:53 PM   #10
~DSA~MasterJugg
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]@Master: Well that's a good P.O.V., on how to criticize and could help some new people understand the way to do and eventually get their own ways...But ehh I think it's a great topic..Everyone knows that when you want some critics you don't just want (it sux,5/10, ) and so on..You want constructive critisim...

Well yeah nice job -Jizz- xD
finally som1 gets my point
this is to people understand and learn how to rate and critque the &quot;GFX&quot; of others

If you have a different P.O.V. post it and we will see that both are similar

Click ^
Old 11-17-2007, 05:01 PM   #11
Americanbadass
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 47
Americanbadass is an unknown quantity at this point

Desctructive, constructive, they are the same thing. Crit is crit, learn from it, I personally prefer destructive.
Americanbadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:37 PM   #12
Blade

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 8
Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

Lol, stop laying into the guy - he's posted something he believes in don't crush the poor guy, Star, DM, WOLF.

Masta if any of them meanies bother you, Bladey will deal with them ;]
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:45 PM   #13
PENZEL
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 10
PENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura aboutPENZEL has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (avatar~killer @ Nov. 14 2007,17:58)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
/ Burned.

Just calm down fellas. But rly though, Wolf got owned.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:34 PM   #14
Wolfeh
Banned

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1337
Wolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to allWolfeh is a name known to all
Visit Wolfeh's YouTube Visit Wolfeh's Last.FM

No, I didn't. Bryant is just an idiot. 0_o
Wolfeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:10 AM   #15
(-StarWarrior-)
Super Advanced Member

Post Thanks / Like
(-StarWarrior-) is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't say anything bad. o_o;

Just rephrased so people don't have to read the long-thingy-ma-bob.
It's so bothersome to read all that.

What I said earlier &quot; If you don't own a program, say something logically &quot; I meant for the people who doesn't actually have photoshop 7 +. ( All people have a say, but they have to be logical comments, d'uh. )

Keep on note; no matter what kind of attempt you do.
No one will even listen and follow these rules. People are like that nowadays.
The only way they will just listen is when you slip some money in their wallets.
Like if that'll ever happen, ha ha.

(-StarWarrior-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:23 PM   #16
azncat
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 40
azncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura aboutazncat has a spectacular aura about

@_@
azncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:07 PM   #17
~TR~luigi1514

Post Thanks / Like
~TR~luigi1514 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (~DSA~MasterJugg @ Nov. 14 2007,20:19)]By MasterJugg and TR:

<s>There are several memberswho're gallivanting around this section who can't</s> give acceptable critique. So, this isn't to put them down, rather, it's to help them learn what acceptable critique is.

Unacceptable Critique:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I like bothe of them..........
Nothing is really said here. it's spam, plain and simple. We need a LOT less of this. If you have nothing worthwhile to say, don't post at all, please.

Destructive Criticism:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Text is horrible, stock is horrible, brushing or smudging or whatever you did is horrible, the whole thing is horribly boring. What program did you use to make this?
These types of posts are what's killing this section. It's rude, stupid,pointless, arrogant, and completely unneeded. It's not even critique, it's an outright attack on the person's work.
The person that worked so much, that read hours of tutorials, it has taken several days to finish his(first) work.

He think it's great, He thinks that there isn't something better. But then bam! Face with this kind of criticism which they completely remove the interest in improving because they always receive the same criticism of the same people besides that
(Seriously) lose some of their self-esteem and they are going to cry to his room

Acceptable Critique:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

work on the colors, they're kinda meh-ish +the white lighting and the black light-thingie dont mix well, they're too contrasty or something, meh-ish again

but the bg is overall nice, just a bit random,... a few tweaks here and there, and it'll be better, like the stock and the lighting above it.... typo maybe?
This is borderline acceptable. It's blunt, but it does critique the other person's artwork, but only barely. While this is fine, we'll want more of the next example.

Such criticism (as opposed to above)
Motivate a person to continue to make more Graphics Stuff; They think &quot;if they like my work is because it's really good isn't it??

Great Critique:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Lesse
The tag is extremely blurry. Instead of Motion Blurring then reducing the opacity/setting it to Lighten you could try to create motion through less conventional methods. Try to work with the flow, instead of just using Motion Blur, because M. Blur hardly ever looks good when applied to an entire tag. On the flow, it's well defined on the left side of the tag, but on the right you have fractals and textures that completely throw it off by going in circles. The stock takes up an incredibly large amount of space on the tag, which just isn't working. There needs to be lighting and a foreground. Sharpening it would help it.

And it could do without the text. Still, keep working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]His problem isn't making colors stand out, it's his choice in colors. Monotone tags are boring, dull, there's no life in them. It seems as if you just eyedropped and did it all with one or two brushes. That's the meaning of generic. Now if you were to try to use the color theory in your tags then they'd start to look better. Try working with complementaries, split complementaries, and analogous colors. <span style='color:red'>Red</span> &gt; <span style='color:green'>Green</span>. <span style='color:yellow'>Yellow</span> &gt; <span style='colorurple'>Purple</span>. <span style='color:blue'>Blue</span> &gt; <span style='colorrange'>Orange</span>. Those are your complementaries, try working with those before you try anything else. They'll help your tags pop out. Also try working with depth and flow. These are a bit harder to define, so I'll just let you get used to the color theory before I put too much on you.
These are perfect. They're not sugar-coated, but at the same time they're not attacking the piece. It goes in-depth on the tag, giving them tips and advice on what to do, and they keep their critique on a lighter tone.
only the Profesionals and advanced GPX designers make this kinda of criticism

Butt-lick Critique:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Wow,the Render,Lighting effects,blur,smudge, Everything is 100 % PERFECT you are the best!!
I rate it 1000/1000
No need to explain this one..

So come on guys, what we need is better critique.
as what DrunkenMasta say about this section dying... well yea its dying because some member dont give good CnC...i have talked to those that dont really post there work here cuz of that.... which we &quot;should&quot; use some of these good CnC so that this section can be more active and also so that some of us can learn more about GFX so we can get better... nobody perfect at GFX but we wanna learn and stuff... we all have different styles at making sigs and stuff

-----------------------------SFO UηDєRGяOυηD----------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do Not Use My Signature Without My Permission!

~TR~luigi1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #18
~DSA~MasterJugg
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]as what DrunkenMasta say about this section dying... well yea its dying because some member dont give good CnC...i have talked to those that dont really post there work here cuz of that.... which we &quot;should&quot; use some of these good CnC so that this section can be more active and also so that some of us can learn more about GFX so we can get better... nobody perfect at GFX but we wanna learn and stuff... we all have different styles at making sigs and stuff
That's the point of this topic

Click ^
Old 11-19-2007, 10:13 AM   #19
feross
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
feross is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Americanbadass @ Nov. 17 2007,18:01)]Desctructive, constructive, they are the same thing. Crit is crit, learn from it, I personally prefer destructive.
IMO that's true..
To me, I would rather have destructive (Not that destructive) crit, because it motivates you to make a better one.

feross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #20
~DSA~MasterJugg
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

depens if is a lil destructive or hell-mean-destructive..

Click ^
Old 11-19-2007, 10:23 AM   #21
feross
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
feross is an unknown quantity at this point

I say, the meaner the better ..
But if your just mean and have no crit, like just saying ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Holy crap that sucks ..
That wouldn't be good ..

feross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #22
LAB~MONSTER
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 1
LAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura aboutLAB~MONSTER has a spectacular aura about

You wanna know something, you shouldn't even post your work here because this is not a gfx forum. Everyone here do not know how to give proper comments. Everyone here comment on work based on their feelings to the other person not the actual work.

Thank you Trunks
LAB~MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:31 PM   #23
Americanbadass
VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 47
Americanbadass is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (LAB~MONSTER @ Nov. 19 2007,13:45)]You wanna know something, you shouldn't even post your work here because this is not a gfx forum. Everyone here do not know how to give proper comments. Everyone here comment on work based on their feelings to the other person not the actual work.
Px graphics died along time ago. Actually it was never alive, lolololol.
Americanbadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:50 PM   #24
EvilAkuma

Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 20
EvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura aboutEvilAkuma has a spectacular aura about
Visit EvilAkuma's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Americanbadass @ Nov. 19 2007,22:31)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (LAB~MONSTER @ Nov. 19 2007,13:45)]You wanna know something, you shouldn't even post your work here because this is not a gfx forum. Everyone here do not know how to give proper comments. Everyone here comment on work based on their feelings to the other person not the actual work.
Px graphics died along time ago. Actually it was never alive, lolololol.
^I agree with him
EvilAkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:57 PM   #25
~DSA~MasterJugg
Sponsored VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I say, the meaner the better ..
But if your just mean and have no crit, like just saying ..
Holy crap that sucks ..

That wouldn't be good ..
that is like pplz comment in here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]You wanna know something, you shouldn't even post your work here because this is not a gfx forum. Everyone here do not know how to give proper comments. Everyone here comment on work based on their feelings to the other person not the actual work.
ok this sint a Gfx foum...is almost death.....
yes agree with that
but i dont think that Everyone here comment on work based on their feelings to the other person not the actual work..
there are some ..but no everyone comments good only with their friends
and comment crap about the work of someone they doesnt like =/

Click ^