View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 01:18 PM   #2
Zpower
VIP

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Post Thanks / Like
Chats: 0
Zpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the roughZpower is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION!

Well, seems like you have some good goals there bud. Just remember, over 50% of marriages end in divorce, not including homosexual marriage. But, I'm sure you and your lady will beat the odds.

Anyhow, my resolution is to become smarter and learn everything and anything I possibly can. Luckily, I have the internet at my disposal, a library, and other forms of education from daily walks of life. As a wise man once said, "You're never truly done learning."

2014 was a very interesting year. Science made leaps and bounds. A new treatment for arthritis was invented. I'm sure that will help all of us as we age into our golden years. Scientist also learnt that HIV is evolving into a less deadly and less infectious form, which is good news for the entire world. We learnt that an office enriched with plants makes staff happier and boosts productivity by 15 per cent. That will surely help anyone working in an office environment.

Some strange things happened as well. Like Russian cosmonauts reported finding sea plankton on the outer window surfaces of the International Space Station and have no idea how it got there. Very interesting.

The first steps to a Skynet terminator style was born. Scientists at IBM created the first brain-like computer chip with 1 million programmable neurons and 256 million programmable synapses. Luckily, Arnold is still alive to defend against the machine.

We also learned of a possible super solar storm that could hit us between now and 2022. Thank you Nasa for notifying the public of such an event that could occur.

We learnt that organic food is 1-2x better for you than non-organic. I always kind of expected this but wasn't really sure. Now, it has been proven. Yay!

Apparently, a team of Japanese scientist found a way to slow down the aging process in flowers by up to a half. Now, that's cool. Valentines day has gotten that much better. Those flowers are going to stay fresh for much longer.

Scientist found a possible replacement for silicon computer/electronic chips. That was some information for all you nerds out there. Great news!

Also, apparently the Earth and the Moon are 60 million years older than previously believed. Doesn't it seem like we're always finding out the Earth is older than previously expected? Oh well.

Bad news for Antarctica. It is now losing about 160 billion tonnes of ice a year to the ocean. Ouch.

We also learnt this year that even the multiverse will come to an end, according to a new view of quantum theory. All things come to an end I suppose. Well, maybe not everything.

More bad news for smokers this year. E-cigarettes apparently get so hot that they, too, can produce a handful of the carcinogens found in cigarettes and at similar levels. Time for people to quit smoking cold turkey.

Ah yes, we had the whole Ebola scare. However, scientist also learnt that antibiotic resistance is now a major global threat. Hopefully, we can engineer some new forms of medicine to fight these buggers. Jill Valentine your services may be needed in the near future. Resident Evil style.

But anyhow, that's just a quick look at science in 2014. Hopefully, we'll have even more breakthroughs and learn even more about the world we live in.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

rewopzmaI

Last edited by Zpower; 12-25-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Zpower is offline   Reply With Quote